I have a resolution to make more this year.
Art journaling is a great, no pressure way to flex your creative muscle. Sometimes putting thoughts into words can feel forced, but making an image can feel more intuitive and free flowing.
I came up with a list of prompts to make it easier to just get down to making. Check out the list, and do them all or just pick your faves.
- What have you been dreaming of lately?
- Monochrome study – pick a color you’re drawn to and make a spread using only shades of that color
- Classic vision board — what do you want from 2022?
- It’s winter time… but how are you feeling about summer? (Ideal summer day?)
- Draw for your favorite book or song
- Create an image with only black and white
- Symbolism…. Draw using animals that symbolize what you’re looking to gain this year
- Mid Year Catch Up – Draw this year so far, literally or figuratively
- Illustrate a poem you like… Can’t identify with a poem, try song lyrics?
- Make a spread for whatever season it is currently
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be/go?
- Make an image out of only words/phrases
- Combine 2 different mediums
- Make an image using only negative space
- Try surrealism
- Make an image using mark making
- Illustrate an ad for anything you want
- What’s your favorite color?
- Draw a day in your life
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on pinterest for more